What is coworking?
Coworking spaces are collaborative workspaces made to encourage members to work together and share success. Different business owners and employees from a variety of companies share the space and bring their backgrounds together in a melting pot of skills and personalities. Coworking spaces are suited to any style of work. There are bustling incubation areas to encourage the transfer of ideas, and there are also quiet areas and private rooms for those who find they work better in silence.
Coworking spaces are ideal places for cooperation between industries and the creation of great things together instead of in isolation. Coworking spaces offer mentorship from industry veterans, support from business owners having the same despairs and successes, encouragement from positive people, and even buyers when you launch your product or service. Coworking spaces are the best ground zero an idea could possibly have!
In today’s day and age, businesses need to remain flexible in the face of economic development and change. Collaborative workspaces, such as coworking allows for business to specialize in their area of strength while remaining structurally small by allowing other businesses to assist in secondary functions of the businesses through outsourcing.
Is coworking right for me?
In short? Yes! Coworking is for anybody. A common misconception of coworking spaces is that they are always bustling, but, as long as the space you’re a member of contains quiet communal areas and private offices, you can still work the way you like. Furthermore, traditional commercial office spaces guarantee privacy but also isolation, with no added benefit of being able to step outside and network at your own leisure. Coworking offers the best of both worlds for any personality type.
Furthmore, starting up a small business comes with high costs and many fixed overheads. If you’re looking for office space too, setting up phone and internet, furnishing, beautifying and then maintaining the office can rack up a pretty penny. Coworking spaces take care of some costs by providing fully serviced spaces where every amenity a small business needs are already set up, leaving less work and less cost to you!
Benefits of coworking
Waterman Business Centers offer a range of benefits including:
- High speed Wi-Fi
- Prompt phone connection
- Efficient printing facilities
- Plenty of hot desks
- Furnished and personalized private offices
- Beautiful communal workspaces
- Elegantly designed boardrooms
- Private meeting rooms
- State-of-the-art video conferencing rooms
- Spacious training & event rooms
- Friendly support staff
- Lunch & recreational rooms with full kitchen
- Tranquil rainforest room
- Outdoor spaces for a breath of fresh air
- Table tennis, mini-golf & basketball court for unwinding
- Café in or nearby centres
- Quiet coworking areas
- Networking and idea incubation areas
- Three great locations close to home (Narre Warren, Chadstone & Caribbean Business Park)
- 24-hour access to the centre
- Free parking on-site or nearby
- Free, regular networking events
- Support programs to help start/grow your business
Why coworking at Waterman?
We pride ourselves on our gorgeously designed spaces, but we’d be nothing without the community that makes Waterman Business Centres the place to be. Our designated Community Managers have specific jobs to get to know you and plan events to help bring all small business owners together. We help to spark relationships for you and begin the cross-pollination process that you can then continue.
We couldn’t say we love small business if we were in the real estate game. We know we love small business because we’re in this to foster irreplaceable communities.
So, why are coworking spaces so revolutionary?
Because we’re better together.
We offer coworking spaces at three locations across the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne:
Hot Desking Package – $279/mth +GST
With diverse breakout areas, hot desks are designed for those seeking productivity but not on a full-time basis. Remove the isolation, join the community and co-work in stunning spaces tailored to invigorate you and enhance the work-life balance.
Your next idea could come from anywhere – maybe even the person sitting beside you.
- Access to our Waterman Central System
- Up to 60 hours per month of work time (self-monitored)
- 24/7 access
- Wide variety of first class working options
- Multiple locations all included
- Reception staff to welcome your clients
- Kitchen / Bathroom facilities included
- Multiple break out spaces
- Unlimited internet
- Access to the wider waterman community
- Access to exclusive networking events
- Use of business address
- Access meeting rooms from $10/hour +GST
Dedicated Desk Packages – From $649/mth +GST
A permanent workspace environment designed to encourage inspiration and collaboration alongside other like-minded co-workers.
- 24/7 access to your own dedicated desk with storage
- Use of other co-working areas
- Unlimited internet (100:100mbps)
- Meeting rooms at membership rates
- Use of business address
- Mail collection and delivery
- Shower and change room facilities
- Access to printing facilities
- Your clients greeted by reception
- Landline number connected to your mobile with unlimited calls
- Join a large network of businesses
- Semi secure car park
- Access to our Business Builders Resource
- 1 dedicated car park