To do our part in combating the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented some changes that you should be aware of:
- We are continuing to set up sanitisation stations around high traffic areas of our centres and we encourage you to use them regularly.
- We ask that you take the recommended measures outlined by the World Health Organisation (WHO) seriously, regarding the regular washing of hands, coughing into your elbow and not coming into the office (or bringing any other staff or clients into the office) if anyone is feeling, looking or acting remotely unwell.
- We encourage you to identify and send anyone home who is feeling ill and to screen your own clients before conducting meetings at your centre. As Waterman staff, we will be actively asking you to go home if we find you exhibiting outward signs of illness, and we thank you for your cooperation in advance.
- If yourself, your staff or clients have recently arrived from overseas, we ask that you observe the mandatory 14-day self-quarantine for your own health and the health of those around you.
2. Community events:
- We will be putting all Waterman Community-run events that involve a physical gathering on hold until further notice. This includes: Friday Night Drinks, Waterman run networking events, etc. We will instead be looking to move much of our content online via live-stream, so stay tuned!
- Our Charity Golf Day has also been postponed to the 11th of September, at this stage. If you are a ticket holder or have purchased a sponsorship, we encourage you to hold on to your ticket and we will continue to update you. If this change of date will be an issue for you, please email your community manager and they will help you with the next steps.
3. Voluntarily working from home:
- The head office team of Waterman has elected to voluntarily work from home for the time being to protect the health of the team, the business and our members. We have also diversified and decentralised our centre teams in order to minimise the risk of spread.
- We have observed that some businesses within Waterman have also elected to work from home for part or the whole of this period. We commend each of you for your initiative and we strongly encourage that each individual and business take whatever precautions they deem suitable, at their own discretion, for their business at this time.
While it is healthy to take precautions in preparation for the event of a confirmed case, it is important to reiterate that we as Waterman are as excited as ever to be alongside you in business, as your community and support, to deliver value to you through every available means to us.
Finally, even though isolation is spoken of in a positive context at this time, there has never been a greater need for each of us to be part of a supportive and active Community. We are all in the same boat and we would encourage you personally to look to what you can do to assist, encourage, share and grow with someone else today.
To that effect, we would strongly encourage yourself and your staff members to join the Waterman Community Facebook page for regular updates and support; as a platform through which you can give back and stay connected. Join the online community here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/waterman.community/
Also, your Community Managers will be just as present during this time to support you and are available to have a chat at any time; they will also be contactable over the phone, email and Skype, so please get in touch with them for support.
We thank you all for your cooperation, and we know for certain that we will get through this – because we are better together.